Something reminded me of this today and i wanted to get it written so i woudn't forget it.
 |
| The cedar chest built by my brother |
i have this beautiful cedar chest that my brother made for me when i graduated highschool. i'd never moved it into any of my apartments when i was young, i kept it at my parents house because i didn't want to take any chances that it would get damaged. When i finally moved it to my first house, it was being carried down the stairs at my parents house and it got dropped. It got this big dent right in the lid towards the front. i felt so bad, but my now ex mother inlaw said something that i've always tried to remember. She was much more eloquent than me, but she said, living is full of dents and bruises, instead of seeing each one as a mar to the beauty of your life, use it as a memory, let it remind you of something special about the moment. Maybe it's the excitement of the events happening around you or maybe it's the love you feel for the people who are with you, but whatever it is, instead of being sad, tie those bumps and bruise to something that will make your heart smile.
Lately it seems like my life is filled with bumps and bruises, i'm having a hard time making pleasant memories out of the troubled times. One thing those "dings" in my life have caused me to do though is they've made me look back at what i've had in my past, and what i hope to have again. Hopefully i won't make the same mistakes and i'll place appropriate appreciation and value on those things that i somehow have overlooked.
Hi jennie bear,
ReplyDeleteIt's been awhile, I read through your latest posts and I feel bad for your situation - I hope at this point the pain of your loss has eased some. It sux to be alone, little you in this big/little community or the BDSM scene without your SO. I am experiencing that withdrawal also. Anyway I'll be back to checking your blog more now so do me a favor "start posting" :) Really though I hope you see the sun shining again soon.
Sorry to hear about your cedar chest too. I agree with your M-i-L. We all get our dents & scratches as we go through life but we manage hopefully to still work. It's kind of crazy that the existence of an object parallels with our journey...I hope your bumps & bruises heal.
Hang in there :)
Huggie