I next fell in love with my ex husband. A sweet guy, as opposite of my father, an angry man who never knew how to NOT hurt a young girls feelings. He was sweet and loving and my best friend for 20 years, but his addiction to pot and alcohol, a definite lack of motivation and my longing for "more" caused me to lose respect for him...moving on.
When I left my ex-husband it was in part due to my desire to have children, he did not want any and though he was quite content to stay together...we lived in a sexless marriage. So at an age when my friends were married, being happy homemakers and raising children, I was focused on a career and finding out what my life was really about....moving on.
I discovered many things about my life then...I had a kink that caused me to look further into the bdsm culture. It was there that i found someone to call "Daddy". He became the love of my life and my addiction to Him increased daily until there was such a dependency, my life revolved around Him in every way....moving on.
He and I spent 6 years in a very non traditional relationship. There were highs and lows and every range of emotion in between. I worshiped Him, however, I couldn't fit into the mold He had for me. I tried, I honestly thought I'd be able to meet His demands...I did had the ability to do at the time. He spent His every waking moment on finding a way to make it work...it didn't....moving on.
I bought my own house. I started over. Life was way different. I tried to find love, I longed and desired for all that I'd had before. For 2 years I found myself in and out of extremely frustrating relationships situations. I was lied to more often than I care to admit. I finally committed to making serious changes in my life. I have spent time on growing and getting healthier both mentally and physically....moving on.
I met a man who I almost gave my life to, an extreme Master who found ways to move me again. I truly fell in love with Him, but His expectations were more than I could come to grips with...moving on.
When I found myself on my own again I still wanted to be the slave I'd been working on becoming...but somehow that's gotten lost again. Is it because it's not who I am meant to be? I think I can't fit into another person's box. I'd like to think I could follow rules and orders and meet expectations...but I think I will always be a free spirit, someone who tries to please others but no matter how I long to never make mistakes or to be the perfect one for a Master...I'm one of those goofy people that seems to leave a wake of catastrophe behind her, more like Lucy Ricardo than June Cleaver? Thinking back, I guess Lucy failed in her relationships too.....I wonder if June kept Ward happy for the rest of His life?...moving on.


Just incase...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucy_Ricardo
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/June_Cleaver








Sometimes the most challenging thing in life is trying to figure out who we are. The scariest part of this this same challenging is accepting who we have become, and liking them....no make that loving ourselves when we make this discovery. I learned a long time ago that its easier to change yourself than it is to change the world. That doesn't mean stop being who you are, but to realize life is, and will always be filled with things that our out of our control. But.........life is rewarding and precious.
ReplyDeleteLove yourself first and I mean truly love who you are.....you will find the one who can love you back the way that you desire.
Hope this helps Beargirl.
My favorite passage from the bible:
Psalm 130:5
I wait for the Lord, my soul waits, and in his word I hope