| Update: The day turned out wet and rainy so we mostly shopped for antiques. These photos of Lala happened later, but I think they sure came out cute! |
| Happy Fall! |
When I was growing up my best friend was a farm girl and her Mom was the person who did all of the baking for this little restaurant. She would get up at 4 in the morning and bake pie after pie, several days a week. Staying the night at their house meant the best smells and desert...always desert, for breakfast, lunch and dinner and sometimes in between.
When we were teenagers we'd pop in on a Friday or Saturday night at 9 or 10 pm and she would always be testing something, it might be 5 different cheesecakes at once or a new fruit crisp recipe, apple, peach maybe rhubarb or pies, pies pies....Their house always smelled so good.
I loved my own Mom's cooking definitely, but my friend's Mom, she made food fun, exploratory, social!









No comments:
Post a Comment