
Today is my birthday.
Today I turned 51 years old. It's been a quiet day. Originally J and I were going to spend the day together, so I took it off of work, but then his work schedule changed. Instead of going in to work, I decided to just have a day to do nothing. Nothing is hard to do sometimes so I have gotten laundry done, paid bills, did some planning for the rest of the month and watched about 7 episodes of Ray Donovan Season 2.
I also got a text from J around noon. He had some exciting news. Today he made his final decision to purchase, not one, but 2 plots of land on the side of a mountain in North Carolina. It's pretty much a done deal. He has a bit of an "in" with the land owner and got what seems like a decent reduced price.
I have a lot of mixed emotions, I'm super happy for him, this is his dream and he's moving forward! I know that it's what he's talked about for the entire time I've known him. Because of him, I've fallen in love with the mountains as well and totally love the idea of living there. He's left it very open for me to join him. and I would love nothing more than to plan the rest of my life with him.
I almost can't imagine living in such a beautiful place, the Blue Ridge Mountains have a way of calling to you. Our last road trip took me to Florida and I think I got to see the best of what Florida has to offer, I loved it, we had so much fun...but there is something about the sight of a misty blue mountain that tugs at my heart...
LOL, but life is never that uncomplicated, at least not for me.
There are things that make it difficult for me.
- J and I have a lot of history, some of it the best time of my life, I wouldn't trade our friendship and love for one another for anything or any one. - however, when our D/lg relationship came to an end, I had to build a new life for myself. It was hard. What helped me get through it was my job, my friends/family, the comfort and security of everything that is familiar. IF I needed to start over there, how would I do it? Even with the network of friends I had then, it was the hardest thing I've ever gone through in my life.
- Financially, I have several things to consider,
- I did get some good news about my student loan debt this week, and it's possible that I'll have that paid off within the next 8 or less years.
- Another concern is that while financially it helps to live with someone and share the costs, if for some reason it doesn't work out, you can't take with you anything you may have invested. Financially I don't know if I could start over again, possibly with a job that pays less, and in a place with less support.
- I've had a very easy road, work wise the last 24 years. I've always loved where I work, the people and what I do. Still, things have changed there, the people have changed. I'm still passionate but, I can see myself leaving one day. The hardest part of that is, I will be leaving "family." and kind of all I've ever known.
- Of course I think J and I are both committed to one another, there is still that unknown element. Could he take another girl, one he falls head over heels in love with? Where would that leave me in his life? I know we are bonded up, but there are things that don't exist in our relationship that each of us still longs for.
I know that there are never any certainties in life, I'm certainly experienced enough to know that things can change and not always for the better, very quickly. I also know, if you're too afraid to go after what you want, you are probably never going to have it.
So, that's been my birthday, lots of contemplating and trying to find out where I belong in all of these "Mountain" plans...










No comments:
Post a Comment